Texans for Rick Perry
Texans for Rick Perry Gains Voter Support Using CrossLink Media’s Mobile Marketing Solutions
Texans for Rick Perry is the campaign organization for Governor Rick Perry’s 2010 re-election. The campaign was looking for an effective way to communicate with its supporters and generate awareness for various campaign initiatives. After reviewing several mobile marketing companies, CrossLink Media was chosen to power its mobile text messaging platform.
In April 2009, Texans for Rick Perry launched targeted mobile marketing campaigns to meet the diverse needs of the constituents. These included mobile alerts, contests, polls and fundraising requests to both their English and Spanish speaking supporters. Additionally, Texans for Rick Perry uses CrossLink Media’s proprietary messaging system, MessageLink, to keep subscribers up-to-date via scheduled and instant text message.
- Provide supporters rapid-response updates, targeted information on upcoming campaign events, important messaging points and other campaign opportunities.
- Gather backing and information from large numbers of supporters, when the traditional pass-the-clip-board method won’t work.
- Engage with donors, supporters and casual voters.
- Nearly 400,000 messages sent since the launch.
- Increase in traffic to www.RickPerry.org and NoGovernmentBailouts.com during fundraising drives and other important events due to the mobile campaigns promoting the websites.
- Providing targeted and timely messages to constituents enhanced the relationship between campaign supporters and Governor Perry.
- Cost Savings: Reduced data entry and traditional campaign costs, enabling Texans for Rick Perry to avoid paying for direct mail and other expensive efforts.